Your privacy, our priority
By accessing this website and accepting these terms:
Personal and Special Personal information is information which identifies you as an individual, and includes:
- Your biometric information;
- Your name if it appears with your other personal information or if your name itself would reveal information about you;
- Information relating to your gender, marital status, national origin, age, language and birth;
- Information relating to your education, criminal or employment history;
- Any identifying number symbol, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, location information, online identifier or other particular assignment to you;
- Any other information defined as “personal information” or “special personal information” in terms of the protection of personal information act 4 of 2013 (“popi”); and
We may collect your personal information through your access and use of this website, applications, during conversations or correspondence with Secure Citizen’s representatives, or when you use our services.
We may collect, store and transfer personal information from you in connection with and for the following purposes:
- Know Your Customer (KYC) requirements;
- Anti-Money Laundering and/or Counter Terrorism Financing Legislation, Rules and Regulations, as relevant to your country;
- Financial Intelligence Centre Act 38 of 2001 legislation, as amended (FICA);
- Regulation of Interception of Communications and Provision of Communication-Related Information Act 70 of 2002 legislation, as amended (RICA);
- The provision of any product or service that Secure Citizen and/or our affiliates may offer now or in the future;
- Orders, activations, and registrations for any services;
- Creation of a user profile as a registered Secure Citizen and verification of such profile;
- Information requests or complaints;
- Direct marketing, newsletter or support subscriptions;
- Contest entries or survey participation; and
- Employment applications.
- To reduce identity fraud
We may collect, store and transfer the following types of personal information and special personal information, including, but not limited to:
- Personal and business contact information, such as name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- Biometric information;
- All information and documentation required in terms of Anti-Money Laundering and/or Counter Terrorism Financing Legislation, Rules and Regulations, as relevant to your country;
- All information and documentation required in terms of FICA;
- All information and documentation required in terms of RICA;
- All information and documentation required in terms of other legal and/or business requirements relating to KYC;
- Other unique information such as user IDs and passwords, product functionality, product and service preferences, contact preferences, educational and employment history;
- Any information necessary in order for us to provide the services you have requested;
- Geo-location information such as your physical location;
- Details of the services that you subscribed for or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary the provision of those services and to respond to your enquiries;
- Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us.
We may store your personal information manually or electronically. By registering as a registered Secure Citizen, you also expressly consent to receive direct marketing from us about goods or services offered by Secure Citizen and any other affiliate, or entity within Secure Citizen and their group of companies.
By supplying your personal information and using the secure citizen website and/or related services, you consent to the collection, storage, use and transfer of your personal information, which includes your biometric data.
- Provide you with the services, this may also necessitate the sharing your personal information with our third-party service providers located in South Africa as well as outside of South Africa;
- Provide third parties with your KYC formation, biometrics and documentation for the purposes of validating and verifying your identity;
- Manage our relationship with you and the service providers;
- Provide you with access to protected areas of our website;
- Communicate with you about our services or support as well as that of our affiliates and service providers and send marketing communications in connection therewith;
- Provide support to you in respect of the services;
- Improve our services and develop new services;
- Provide personalised promotional offers;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service;
- Measure performance of marketing initiatives;
- Allow you to participate in contests and surveys;
- Answer enquiries, provide information, support or advice about existing and new products or services;
- Assess and improve the performance and operation of the website;
- To keep your contact details up to date and provide you with updates;
- Prevent and detect security threats, fraud or other malicious activity; and
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you.
If you are asked to provide your credit card information, such credit card information is used only for payment processing and fraud prevention. This information is not used for any other purpose by us or our financial services providers and will not be kept longer than necessary for providing the services, unless you ask us to retain your credit card information for future purchases.
If you subscribe to our services, news, announcements, alerts or any such information to be emailed to you from Secure Citizen, we will hold your details on our database until such time as you chose to unsubscribe from this service. You may do this at any stage by selecting the appropriate option in the application or emailing email@example.com.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary. We undertake to delete your personal information once we no longer require such information. We will keep your personal information for only so long as we need it in order to:
- For the provision of the services;
- Fulfil the purposes described in this document; or
- Use it for any other purpose as may be required or permitted by applicable laws and regulations
We implement generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not always completely secure. Please therefore be advised that we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with the storage and transmission of personal information and any submission of personal information is at your own risk. We will however take all reasonable and necessary steps in order to ensure that your personal information is sufficiently protected.
You may have certain rights under your local law (GDPR, POPI, Promotion of Access to Information Act) in relation to the personal information that we process. In particular, you may have a legal right to:
- Obtain confirmation as to whether we process personal information about you, receive a copy of your personal information and obtain certain other information about how and why we process your personal information;
- The right to request your personal information to be updated, amended or rectified where it is inaccurate (for example, if you change your address) and to have incomplete personal information completed;
- The right to delete your personal information in the following cases:
- The personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected and processed;
- Our legal ground for processing is consent, you withdraw consent and we have no other lawful basis for the processing;
- Our legal ground for processing is that the processing is necessary for the provision of the services, if you object to the processing and we do not have legitimate grounds to override your objection;
- Your personal information has been unlawfully processed; or
- Your personal information must be erased to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- The right to restrict personal data processing in the following cases:
- For a period in order to enable us to verify the accuracy of personal information where you contested the accuracy of the personal information;
- Your personal information has been unlawfully processed and you request restriction of processing instead of deletion;
- Your personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected and processed, but the personal information is still required by you to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- For a period in order to enable us to verify whether the legitimate grounds relied on by us for the processing of your personal information override your interests, in the event that you have objected to the processing of your personal information based on it being necessary for the pursuit of a legitimate interest identified by us.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal information in the following cases:
- Our legal ground for processing is that the processing is necessary for a legitimate interest pursued by us or a third party; or
- You no longer require our services.
Some cookies we use are from third party companies, such as Google Analytics. These cookies are utilised to provide us with web analytics and intelligence about our sites. These companies use programming codes to collect information about your interaction with our sites, such as the pages you visit, the links you click on and how long you are on our sites. For more information on how these companies collect and use information on our behalf, please refer to their privacy policies: Google at Google Privacy & Terms.
By accessing this website, you agree that we can place cookies on your device as explained above. If you want to remove existing cookies from your device you can do this using your browser options. If you want to block future cookies being placed on your device you can change your browser settings to do this. Please bear in mind that deleting and blocking cookies will have an impact on your user experience as parts of the site may no longer work. Unless you have adjusted your browser settings to block cookies, our system will issue cookies as soon as you visit our site or click on a link in a targeted email that we have sent you, even if you have previously deleted our cookies.
© 2021 Secure Citizen Pty Ltd – All Rights Reserved.